Present original documents and submit FOUR (4) sets photocopies of each
(kindly collate and arrange into sets of 4 according to the order of documents below)
1. Report of Birth Form (FA Form No. 40, click here).
- Four (4) forms should be originally filled out and signed.
Entries must be TYPEWRITTEN OR PRINTED LEGIBLY.
Entries must be at the time of birth of the child/subject.
2. Birth Certificate (with English translation if not in English language) with the stamp of the Consular Department, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Lao PDR.
3. Valid passports of the parent/s with photocopy of passport’s data page.
4. Marriage Certificate / Report of Marriage of parents issued by the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA).
For unmarried parents:
a. If child/subject is using the surname of the father, kindly submit an Affidavit to Use the Surname of the Father (AUSF) to be executed by the mother and Affidavit of Acknowledgement of Paternity to be executed by the father.
- If the affidavits will be executed in the Philippines, these should be registered first as Legal Instruments at the Local Civil Registry Office of the place of execution and authenticated by the DFA.
- If executed abroad, these should be registered first at the Embassy or Consulate of the country of residence of the parent(s) or at the FSP nearest the place of residence.
5. Notarized Affidavit of Delayed Registration [required only for children who are more than one (1) year old].
6. Payment of the following fees:
- Registration of the Report of Birth US$25.00
- Certified True Copy of the Birth Certificate US$25.00
- Affidavit (if necessary) US$25.00
- Additional documents may be required by the Consular Officer from the applicant upon evaluation of the requirements to determine the citizenship, identity or eligibility of the child for registration of birth under the Philippine law.
- Processing period is approximately 2 to 4 months.