The Philippine Passport is at all times the property of the Republic of the Philippines. It must be surrendered upon demand by an authorized representative of the Philippine Government.
Alteration, addition, or destruction of contents is strictly prohibited. Any unauthorized change will render a passport invalid and will have accompanying penalties.
Using the passport as collateral is against the law and will automatically render the passport cancelled.
The information provided in the passport application form must be true and correct. The documents that will be submitted should be complete and authentic. Under the law, making false statements in the passport application form, furnishing falsified or forged documents in support thereof are punishable by law.
1. The current passport system requires the personal appearance of all applicants, regardless of age, for the purpose of taking the applicant’s biometric details.
2. Prepare all the originals and photocopies of the documentary requirements for passport application.
3. To ensure entry to countries with strict dress codes, all applicants are required to wear decent clothing for passport photo capture. Plunging necklines, sleeveless clothing, spaghetti strapped tops, see-through tops, sando, tube tops, halters and the like are prohibited.
4. Jewelries such as earrings and necklaces and colored contact lenses are not allowed during photo capturing.
5. Check if all the data on the passport are correct before leaving the Embassy.
RELEASE OF THE PASSPORT
1. Applicant shall bring the passport receipt and previous passport for release of their new passport and cancellation of the old one.
2. For applicants 13 years old and above, immediately affix the signature on the third page of the passport booklet upon receipt of the passport. For minors 12 years old and below, leave it blank.
3. If the applicant cannot personally claim his/her passport, an immediate family member or an authorized representative shall present an Authorization Letter, to claim the passport in behalf of the applicant. Both documents should contain the name and photocopy of the ID of the authorized individual.
4. Passports unclaimed after one hundred and eighty (180) days will be cancelled per DFA Department Order No. 37-03.
5. Do not staple anything on the passport booklet especially the covers as it may damage the electronic chip and render the epassport unreadable.