The Philippine Embassy issues a legal capacity for Filipinos intending to enter into marriage in Lao PDR. This certification affirms that there are no legal impediments to the applicant’s marriage (e.g. if the applicant is already married to someone else).
The following are the requirements:
- Personal appearance of the applicant;
- Accomplished form for the Application for a Certificate of Legal Capacity to Contract Marriage (LCCM);
- Original valid passport of the applicant with photocopy of the passport’s data page;
- Original valid passport of contracting party intended to marry;
- Original PSA-issued Birth Certificate authenticated/apostillized by the DFA;
- Original PSA-issued Certificate of No Marriage (CENOMAR) authenticated/apostillized by the DFA;
- Affidavit of Parental Consent executed by both parents (required only for applicant between 18 to 21 years old);
- Affidavit of Parental Advice executed by both parents (required only for applicants between 21 to 25 years old);
- Payment of the following fees:
- Application for Certificate of LCCM US$25.00/LAK337,500.00
- Certificate of LCCM US$25.00/LAK337,500.00
- Certificate of LCCM will be issued on the 11th day after the 10-day posting period (Notice of Marriage) upon submission of the requirements
- For proper registration registration of marriage with the Philippine Statistics Authority, the Report of Marriage at the Philippine Embassy.