The requirements and procedure for the issuance of a Certificate of Authentication are as follows:
A. Documentary Requirements
1. Legal Document which is duly-authenticated (stamped) by the Consular Department of the Lao Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
*For employment contracts, certificates of employment and other documents not issued or stamped by the Lao government agencies, please click here.
2. Supporting documents such as valid Philippine passport, Lao visa, Work Permit, and Stay Permit, and other documents that form part of the Legal Document (annexes, etc.)
1. Apply for the authentication of the legal document with the Consular Department of the Lao Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Address: Sibounheung Road (near Patuxay Monument)
Chanthabouly District, Vientiane Capital, Lao PDR
Tel. Nos.: (+856-21) 254-176, (+856-21) 243-522
Note: The Philippine Embassy, Vientiane has no control over the documents, procedures, or fees which the Consular Department of the Lao Ministry of Foreign Affairs will require from the applicant. We therefore recommend that you contact the Consular Department and inquire on the requirements before going there for the authentication of your legal document(s).
2. Proceed to the Philippine Embassy and present the legal document to be authenticated, including the supporting documents.
3. Pay the processing fee of US$ 25.00.
4. Pick up authenticated document after one (1) working day.