The requirements and procedures for the issuance of a Certificate of Authentication are as follows:
A. Documentary Requirements
- Legal Document - which is duly-authenticated (stamped) by the Consular Department of the Lao Ministry of Foreign Affairs; and,
- Supporting documents - copies of the following valid documents: Philippine passport, Lao work visa (e.g. LA-B2), Work Permit, and Stay Permit.
- Apply for the authentication of the legal document with the Consular Department of the Lao Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Address: Sibounheung Road (near Patuxay Monument)
Chanthabouly District, Vientiane Capital, Lao PDR
Tel. Nos.: (+856-21) 254-176, (+856-21) 243-522
Note: The Philippine Embassy, Vientiane has no control over the documents, procedures, or fees which the Consular Department of the Lao Ministry of Foreign Affairs will require from the applicant. We therefore recommend that you contact the Consular Department at the above details and inquire on the requirements before going there for the authentication of your legal document(s).
2. Proceed to the Philippine Embassy and present the legal document to be authenticated, as well as the supporting documents, for the evaluation of he Consular Section; and,
3. Once the Consular Section determines that the documents are complete and duly-authenticated by the Consular Department of the Lao Ministry of Foreign Affairs, it will require the applicant to pay a processing fee of US$ 25.00. The Consular Section will then advise the applicant when the authenticated document would be released or issued.