Q How do I apply for a Philippines passport?

A Set an appointment at and appear on the actual appointment with the complete set requirements appropriate to your application.

Q Do I have to pay in a booking appointment?

A No. Passport appointments are free.

Q Where can I find my appointment code?

A The appointment code would be sent to the email you used in the application process. Please also check for the appointment code in the spam folder or trash folder in your email, as your email provider may direct it to these folders.

Q I made a mistake in filling out my application form. Will this affect my application? Will my appointment be cancelled?

A Minor/typographical errors in fields such as parents' names, place of birth and old passport number may be corrected during the processing stage. However, any error in the applicant's name and date of birth fields in the application form cannot be corrected during the passport appointment. Further, regardless of the field where the error is present, any application with two or more incorrect entries shall be rejected or be subjected to further review.

Applicants must ensure that the information being submitted during the online booking of appointment are complete and accurate. Multiple errors and/or misrepresentation of information may result in failure in the capturing of the applicant's biometrics, or be considered as grounds for rejection of the passport application.

Q What are the requirements for an ePassport?

A You may check the requirement through this link on the Embassy website or through

Q Where can I apply for an ePassport?

A You can apply for an ePassport at the Philippine Embassy in Vientiane, Laos or at DFA in Manila or in any of the DFA’s Regional Consular Offices when in the Philippines. Please book an appointment at

Q I rescheduled my passport appointment. How will I know it was successful?

A Rescheduled appointments are confirmed via email. You should receive a new confirmation email with the new date of appointment in the email and attachments.

If you do not receive a confirmation email within 24 hours after completing your reschedule request.

Q Can a Senior Citizens, PWDs, and minors apply without an appointment

A Yes.

Q Can I renew my passport even though it is still valid for more than one (1) year?

A Yes. Please book an appointment at

Q Is it mandatory to renew my expired passport even though I have no plans to travel anytime soon outside Laos?

A Yes. We strongly recommend that you renew your passport. Please book an appointment at

Q What if my passport is damaged?

A In case of mutilated or damaged passports, you are required to submit Affidavit of Mutilation along with your passport application requirements.

Q How much is the passport processing fee?

A Passport processing fee is US$60.00/LAK600,000.00. However, for the replacement of lost passport it’s US$150.00/LAK1,500,000.00

Q  As there any penalties for the replacement of my expired passport?

A No. There are no penalties for the replacement of your expired passport.

Q How long does it take before my passport is released?

A Once you have applied for your passport at the Embassy, the electronic information is automatically sent to the Department of Foreign Affairs for printing. Once printed, the passport is sent back to the Embassy for release. The entire process takes approximately six (6) weeks to eight (8) weeks.

Q Is there express processing for my passport?

A No. The date indicated in the electronic application is tentative date of release. The entire process takes approximately six (6) weeks to eight (8) weeks.

Q What should I bring along when I claim my passport?

A   You should bring your original passport and receipt.

Q Can I authorize someone to collect my passport on my behalf?

A  You should execute an originally signed Authorization letter where the name and ID of the person you are authorizing to pick up your passport is indicated. However, for minors, the passport will only be released to parents.

Q What if I do not claim my passport after applying for one?

A The Embassy will cancel your passport and returned it to the Department of Foreign Affairs if you do not claim it one hundred and eighty (180) days from the application date.

Q There is a mistake in my new passport. What shall I do?

A Before leaving the consular office, make sure that you check the details of your new passport carefully. If the details on your passport are incorrect, such as your name, sex or date of birth, you may reapply for a passport and pay the passport fee of US$60.00/LAK600,000.00.

Q What will happen to the visas stamped on my old cancelled passport?

A The visas on your old passport will remain valid even if you have a new e-passport. The expired and renewed passports do not affect the validity of the visas. However, you must bring your old passport with valid visas along with your new passport when travelling. When in doubt, consult the issuing authority of the visa.

Q   Will I be able to keep my old passport after it is cancelled?

A Your old passport will be returned to you after cancellation.

Q Will I be able to travel while my new e-passport is being processed?

A  While we are processing your new e-passport application, your old passport will be returned to you so you can still travel.

Q My passport’s validity is less than 6 months, can I still use it to travel to other countries aside from the Philippines?

A  No. Your passport must be at least six-months valid.

Q Can additional pages be inserted in the passport if it has run out of pages?

A  No. The Philippine passport has a standard booklet containing forty-four (44) pages. Should the passport run out of pages, you may opt to renew your passport.

Q I want to use my husban’s surnames when my current passport still indicates my maiden name, what should I do?

A  For married women passport applicants you use your married name by submitting an original Marriage Certificate issued by the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA)  on the day of your passport renewal application.

Q I am currently using my husband’s surname in the passport. Can I apply for a passport using my maiden name?

A  You may revert to your maiden surname only if your marriage is annulled or you are already a widow. PSA issued Marriage Certificate with annotation that the marriage is null and void or a PSA issued Death Certificate of the husband.

Q Can I staple a visa on my passport?

A  No. Stapling any documents, especially on the covers, and putting unnecessary designs or accessories may damage the passport or which might damage the chip and make the ePassport invalid.

Q I lost my passport, what should I do?

A  An appointment is necessary for all lost passports and applicants will need to submit documents required of first time applicants. In case of lost or stolen VALID passport, you will be required further to submit a Police Report (in English) and an Affidavit of Loss. There will be a 15-day clearing period prior to the processing of application for the replacement of a lost valid passport. In case of lost EXPIRED passport, you will be required further to submit an Affidavit of Loss; a Police Report is no longer necessary.