In line with the Lao government’s imposition of a lockdown in Vientiane Capital from 6:00 a.m. on 22 April 2021 to 12:00 a.m. on 5 May 2021 to prevent the widespread outbreak of COVID-19 in the country, the Embassy of the Philippines would like to inform the Filipino Community of the following:
1. Starting 23 April 2021, the Embassy will open from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., Monday to Friday;
2. The Embassy will work in split teams, but all personnel will continue to attend to consular matters and Assistance-to-Nationals (ATN) services, except for Overseas Voting registration, which is suspended until further notice;
4. Filipinos are enjoined to remain in their respective residences, except to purchase essential goods, such as groceries and medicine, and to go to the bank or hospital;
5. If you are unwell, please refrain from coming to the Embassy. Instead, please go to the nearest hospital for a check-up. The hospital will determine if you have COVID-19-like symptoms and will refer you to one of the hospitals conducting COVID-19 tests. Please inform the Embassy of your condition for our information and reference;
6. Please continue to observe proper hygiene, such as washing your hands for at least 20 seconds, covering your nose and mouth when coughing and sneezing, and refraining from touching your face. In addition, please observe social distancing, or maintaining at least a two-meter distance with another individual, regardless of condition; and,
The Embassy would highly appreciate if the above information is disseminated among the Filipino community.
/21 April 2021