|Q Do I need to register? Who are qualified to register for OAV?|
A All those qualified to register for OAV are encouraged to do so.
You are qualified to register for OAV if you are a Filipino citizen who, on the day of the election, are:
2. Will be abroad;
3. At least eighteen (18) years of age;
4. Not otherwise disqualified by law to vote (e.g. those who have lost their Filipino citizenship, renounced their Filipino citizenship, convicted by final judgment of an offense punishable by not less than one year imprisonment, including those found guilty of disloyalty, rebellion, insurrection, violation of firearms law, and crimes against national security, and those declared by a competent authority as insane or incompetent);
5. Dual citizens (those who have reacquired or retained their Philippine citizenship under the “Citizenship Retention and Reacquisition Act” of 2003 (RA No. 9225)); and
6. Immigrant or permanent resident of the country in which the Embassy or Consulate where he/she will cast his/her vote on election day is located.
7. Seafarers may also file their application personally at any Post or at any designated registration centers in the Philippines.
|Q I already registered as an overseas voter years ago. Do I need to register again|
|A If you have voted in the 2016 and/or 2019 National Elections, then you are still registered.
However, if you failed to vote in two consecutive elections (2016 and 2019 elections), then COMELEC would have deactivated your registration record.
Here is the list of deactivated records (click here).
|Q When can I file my application for OAV?|
|A The application for OAV will start on 16 December 2019 to 30 September 2021.
There will be no registration during Philippine holidays, unless otherwise announced by the Embassy.
|Q Where can I file my application for OAV?|
|A An OAV registration desk will be set up at the Embassy’s Consular Section to serve applicants. It will be open from Mondays to Fridays from 8.30 am – 5.00 pm.|
|Q What requirements should I bring for OAV registration/certification?|
A Following are the requirements to apply for registration/certification as OAV:
a. Accomplished OAV Form No. 1. (click here).
b. Valid Philippine passport.
c. For dual citizens, aside from the requirements stated above, present the original or certified true copy of the following:
c.1. Order of Approval to retain or reacquire Filipino citizenship; and
c.2. Oath of Allegiance.
|Q During elections, when and where can I vote?|
|A Voting may be done personally at the Embassy. Further details on this will be announced.|